The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) is your front door to all of the services, supports and long-term care expertise that Direction Home Akron Canton has to offer. The ADRC is here to provide you with screenings, assessments, and printed material from our resource library. The best part is that all ADRC services are FREE and provided by trusted and certified individuals.
What Does the ADRC Do?
We provide information, assistance and referrals to older adults and individuals of all ages with disabilities. First, we speak with you over the phone to determine what your current needs may be. Then, we assist you in identifying long-term care options. Next, if desired, we can arrange a free in-person (as able) assessment with one of our Registered Nurses (RNs) so that the ADRC can help you apply or sign up for Agency and community programs.
- FREE information and supports available from the comforts of home
- FREE telephone assessments to determine long-term care needs and options
- FREE in-home assessments, as able, with a Direction Home Registered Nurse (RN) to determine eligibility for programs and next steps
- FREE referrals for family, loved ones, patients, and neighbors
- ANYONE can call
What’s the phone number for home-delivered meals? Am I eligible for help? What services are out there for me? Whatever your question, the ADRC can direct you to an answer. Keep scrolling for more Frequently Asked Questions. When you contact the ADRC, you can get help with:
- Home and Community Resources (like meals, transportation, home medical equipment, & more!)
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Family Caregiver Support
- Program Screening/Eligibility
- In-home* or telephonic screenings/assessments (*as able)
The ADRC is staffed 8AM-5PM, Monday through Friday. View our holiday schedule here.
Call the ADRC at 877.770.5558, or email email@example.com.
Make a Referral
How to: Become an Authorized Representative; Fill out a Medicaid Application
Questions about what an Authorized Representative is? Not sure if you should appoint one, or how? How about questions about applying for Medicaid? Check out these videos below or call us today to get started.
For form delivery:
Portage County Jobs and Family Services:
209 S Chestnut St, Ravenna, OH 44266
Stark County Jobs and Family Services:
221 3rd St SE Canton, OH 44702
Summit County Jobs and Family Services:
1180 S Main St #102, Akron, OH 44301
Wayne County Jobs and Family Services:
356 W North St, Wooster, OH 44691