Advocacy plays a critical role in long-term care. Direction Home Akron Canton is proud to be at the forefront of those efforts, working hard to give a voice to those who need it.
We maintain ongoing dialogue with elected officials about the needs of Ohio's long-term care system, specifically as it relates to older adults and individuals with disabilities. Part of our advocacy role includes accounting for bills of interest to the aging and disability network as they progress through the legislative process.
You Can Use Your Voice, Too
If you share our passion for helping people through advocacy, you can get involved, too, no matter your age, profession or skill level. Here are some ways you can be an advocate:
- Contact your elected official when important legislation requires action
- Sign up for Direction Home Akron Canton advocacy email alerts
- Become an Areawide and/or County Advocacy Council member
Important Advocacy Links
The following links may also be useful to you if you plan on advocating on behalf of older adults and individuals with disabilities:
- The Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- USAging (formerly The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging)
- Find Your Ohio House Representative
- U.S. House of Representatives
- Find Your Ohio State Senator
- U.S. Senate
- The White House
- Advocates for Ohio's Future
Feeling inspired? Find out about other ways you can help!