Update on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities’ primary concern during this time is working to maintain the health and safety of our members, our employees, and our community. Our leadership is continually evaluating information and guidance from Ohio Department of Aging (ODA), Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), and local authorities. We are working to adjust our processes to meet the demands of addressing COVID-19 spread. Currently, programs and services are not being significantly impacted.
For Housing, Transportation, and Meal Assistance, call our Aging and Disability Resource Center at 877-770-5558.
- Resuming routine Medicaid eligibility operations from Ohio Dept. of Medicaid
- DJFS offices:
Stark- 330-452-4661 / 888-698-6893
Summit*- 866-640-OHIO (6446)
Wayne- 330-287-5800 / 1-877-612-5800
*Summit County DFJS staff will also be at select public library branches
- When People Lose their Medicaid Due to Medicaid Eligibility Redetermination
- End of PHE Impact to PASRR- May 11, 2023
- Contact Direction Home for additional guidance, or for help navigating these changes and what your next steps should be: 877-770-5558 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes to SNAP benefits amounts- FAQs from USDA Food & Nutrition Service
- Review your benefits by logging in to Self Service Portal
- Local SNAP office directory
- Ohio's EBT customer service number is 1-866-386-3071
Scams and Phishing
"If you receive a call advising that your SNAP, TANF, Child Care and/or Medicaid benefits are ending and requesting personally identifiable information such as your Social Security Number these calls are NOT generated by the State of Ohio or any of its agencies." -from Ohio Dept. of Aging
Additionally, some scammers are calling individuals and claiming they must pay large amounts of money or VISA gift cards to avoid losing their SNAP or Medicaid benefits in 2023, or because they "owe" that money because of ineligibility.
If you have questions about your public assistance benefits please contact your local county Department of Job and Family Services.
For additional information, contact your county health department or your physician.
- COVID-19 by County (CDC)
- Vaccine FAQs
- Vaccine Communications Toolkit (Nepali Translation)
- Vaccine Provider Location
- Vaccination Scheduling Tool
- COVID-19 Data and Vaccination Tracker
- Free Testing Kits; Testing Locations
This content is for general information purposes only and is derived from the source cited. It does not represent the opinion, legal, or any other, advice of Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging. It may not be the most up-to-date information. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents provided is hereby expressly disclaimed.