Update on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities’ primary concern during this time is working to maintain the health and safety of our members, our employees, and our community. Our leadership is continually evaluating information and guidance from Ohio Department of Aging (ODA), Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM), Ohio Department of Health (ODH), and local authorities. We are working to adjust our processes to meet the demands of addressing COVID-19 spread. Currently, programs and services are not being significantly impacted.
Delta Variant Information
On July 27, 2021, CDC released updated guidance on the need for urgently increasing COVID-19 vaccination coverage and a recommendation for everyone in areas of substantial or high transmission to wear a mask in public indoor places, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Click here to learn more about the Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus.
COVID-19 Resource Guide
*Please note that distribution of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 vaccine has resumed. Click here for more information about any rare side effects from this vaccine
- Vaccine Information
- Booster Information Portage County
- Booster Information Stark County
- Booster Information Summit County
- Booster Information Wayne County
- Vaccine FAQs
- Vaccine Communications Toolkit (Nepali Translation)
- Vaccine Provider Location
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- Vaccination Scheduling Tool
- COVID-19 Data and Vaccination Tracker
- Nursing Home Residents, Medicaid, and Stimulus Checks: What You Need to Know
- Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) and Stimulus Checks: What You Need to Know
- Economic Resources
- Scams and Avoidance
- FEMA Assistance for Funeral Expenses
- Takeout and Food Delivery - multiple locations
- Takeout and Food Delivery - Portage County
- Takeout and Food Delivery - Stark County
- Takeout and Food Delivery - Summit County
- Takeout and Food Delivery - Wayne County
- Home Delivered Meals
- Meals to Go
- Food Pantries
- Grocery Senior Hours
Food: Restaurant Initiative
- Currently we have distributed all available vouchers.
- Restaurant Initiative Flyer
- Participating Restaurants
- Call 330-899-5399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Restaurant Initiative.
- If you received vouchers, please consider taking 2-4 minutes to complete this voluntary anonymous survey.
- If you are a restaurant owner who participated in the Restaurant Initiative, please consider taking 5-10 minutes to complete this voluntary survey.
This content is for general information purposes only and is derived from the source cited. It does not represent the opinion, legal, or any other, advice of Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging. It may not be the most up-to-date information. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents provided is hereby expressly disclaimed.